Gluten-Grain-Dairy-Sugar-Yeast Free….Vegan, Paleo, AIP’ish
$12.00 – 3 lids @ 5 inch /12.70 cm
AIP’ish if you can tolerate a very minuscule amount of ground organic brown flax seed.
These raw pastry shell “lids” have been in the Test Kitchen for a long time! After months of “test batches”, DK can finally say that we have nailed it!
A delicious, light and flaky crust for you to enjoy!
Note: these lids take a gentle hand to put on top of your pie!
Once your filling is ready and you want to attach the lid, follow these steps:
1. Let the pie shell and lid dethaw completely!
2. Dampen the edge of the pie crust with water
3. Dampen the edge of your lid with water
4. Gently place the lid on top of the pie shell
5. With a dampened fork, gently press the shell and lid together. You may need to keep dampening the fork with water periodically.
6. Once they are attached, you can pinch the edges with moist fingers to make a “fancier” looking edge/ This is not necessary to do.
7. Make sure that you bake your pie covered with foil for at least 30 minutes before removing it so as to not over cook the pastry edge
***Limited amount is made each week so pre-ordering is suggested***
Organic Cassava Flour, Organic Tigernut Flour, Pro-Forest Organic Coconut Palm Oil, Arrowroot Flour, Tapioca Flour, Water, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Brown Flax Seed, Sea Salt.